9.07.2011

life currently

     When I was younger I thought that having kids and getting to be around a baby all the time would be the greatest thing ever. My mom would always remind that babies (and kids in general) are a lot of work. Obviously I understood this and it's not like I was going to go and get pregnant just to have a baby...I mean I watch 16 & pregnant/teen mom all the time :)  Well recently I've been spending my days with twins who are 4 1/2 months old. And okay, I kind of get how they are a lot of work. But really I get how yeah life changes when you had kids but that doesn't mean that you have to stop doing anything cool and just sit at home 24/7. I obviously don't leave the house when I'm with them and that's totally for the best. I told my mom that now when people say they can't do something because they have a kid I don't buy that excuse at all. So really these twins have given me the ability to call people out on their lame excuses for not being involved. I really appreciate that ;)
    But back to the whole babies are a lot of work thing. I feel like most 22 year old's would be okay with watching twins for a day or two (or maybe even a week.) But, by doing so, they would realize that they are totally not ready for kids, at all! However, since I'm such an abnormal and unique person, they haven't really had that effect on me. Yes I will totally admit that they can be a lot of work. And that I want to have a stable life before I think about kids (obviously i need a good job so I can buy all sorts of awesome clothes and such...no lie i sometimes feel like i should start on wardrobes now...which seriously would be such a ridiculous concept...but no so ridiculous that i'm completely ruling it out) 
    Sometimes they both cry at the same time and one just has to cry until I can put the other one down. But then 5 minutes later they are both giving me big smiles and the only one remembering the crying from earlier is me. (and honestly a little crying never really hurt anyone...) So that's parenting lesson #1 the twins have taught me (okay so number one should be always have a burp cloth ready...spit-up is no joke people!) I should probably make a list so in x amount of years I can reference this...I mean who knows all the crazy things that will have happened by then. And my own list would be much better than any advice I get from other people. Because if there is one thing that I am certain of, it's that when I'm a mom I DEFINITELY don't want advice from others...especially random people...or people that annoy me...so basically 99.6% of moms out there. 
    The point of this post could pretty much be summed up like this. Once I have a job there is a possibility that I might start a wardrobe for my yet-to-be created child(ren). The twins are great babies who are teaching me and giving me reasons to call people on their lame excuses. So basically I might be slightly crazy and I really like telling people they are wrong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment