9.16.2011

SUYL-Bible Studies and Devotions

Some of my favorite Bible studies/devotions include:


And the Bride Wore White by Dannah Gresh
    Spring of my senior year in high school, the young married women of my church taught the high school girls using this book. I think this has been one of my favorite (like top 3 probably) bible studies/church classes ever. I loved having those women teach our class. In addition to just having class, we we split into small groups of 3 students and one adult. We did things outside of class and discussed certain things in greater detail within our small group. This book has been very influential for me, something I just realized within the last year or two. I think this book is perfect for high school students, but anyone can definitely gain something from it.


Lady in Waiting by Jackie Kendall and Debby Jones
    I think this book has been one of the best I've read. I have the expanded edition, which is full of extra devotionals and journaling points. I really enjoyed this book but it definitely went into areas that made me uncomfortable (but the good kind of uncomfortable, the kind that results in growth). A part of me would love to do this book in a small group setting but another part of me is worried that it might just make things a little to "real" for me. Anyways I really recommend this book to any single ladies. I think it might be too intense/real at times for high school students but I am so glad that I read it my senior year of college. There are chapters that I still read frequently, as they serve to be a great reminder. This book taught me on of my new favorite sayings, "season of singleness."


I also want to add that I have very vivid memories of doing The One Year Book of Devotions for Kids growing up. (published by Children's Bible Hour ministries) I had to find it online and while the cover has been updated, I'm pretty sure this is the devotional book we did all the time while I was growing up. I don't think there is anyway you can do devotions every evening with your kids and it NOT make an impact on them. 


{i linked up with Kelly's Korner SUYL-Bible Studies and Devotions}

No comments:

Post a Comment