9.09.2011

so many ideas...all i need are the kids...

today at Kelly's Korner, the link up is all about ideas for preserving kids artwork and photos. I don't have any kids yet but I have seen some awesome ideas via pinterest. I, of course, aspire to do all of these things with my kids artwork and photos, once I have said kids and they have artwork to treasure. {full disclosure: some of these ideas I like simply because I'm not sure if I'm going to be that mom who puts art work all over her fridge...in fact I'm pretty sure that won't be me...that's why I need something like this in my house somewhere!) I figure if I start planning now then actually following through with these plans will be a piece of cake. So here are some of my favorite ideas:


This is a great gift idea. You frame your child's artwork along with a photo of them creating the art. Grandparents would love this (i mean i'm assuming they would...mine might not be so impressed with my drawings as a 22 year old...trust me they are NOT frame-worthy!)

(via this blog)


This idea is simply to create a gallery of your kid's art. I love the simplicity of the white frames. Obviously it would be key to date and have the child sign their art, just so you know which art belongs to which child.

(via this blog)


such an organized way to keep track of photos. I really like the idea of labeling each section of photos and then having a box for each child...or a box for each year. I think this would be a good way to keep things organized and current, as opposed to having 50 million photos to arrange from the past 15 years. 

(via this blog)


I think this is my favorite idea for this project and one of the best things I've found on pinterest so far. I love love love the idea of putting artwork into a book. I love even more that there would be multiple books and that each child would (obviously) have their own set of books. I think this is something I can definitely see myself doing. 

(via)

[[to find me on pinterest go here (i might be slightly obsessed)]]

3 comments:

  1. I also have ideas for those "someday" children. I've been avoiding pinterest though as I'm pretty sure it would end up consuming my life. Anywho... glad to have found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute ideas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the wall of photos!! Stopping in from Kelly's Korner. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete