9.10.2012

an answered prayer

In all of my 23 (almost 24) years, I feel like there have been VERY FEW things that I can honestly say I know have been an answered prayer of mine, if any. But within in the past 3 months or so, it became crystal clear that God had done exactly that. No, I don't have a secret boyfriend or an amazing job but I kind of think this is just as good. 
Remember this blog post here where I talked about surviving church as a single. Well, I'm still single but I do have a new, really good single girlfriend. I really like having someone else who is in the exact same season of life that I am in. I love that we can make spur of the moment plans and I don't feel weird asking her if she wants to meet up for dinner because I know she doesn't have a husband or kids to consider. (i don't mean for that to sound bad if it did)
I just am so thankful for Anna. I am so happy she ended up in Greenville because I really needed her friendship. I've also become closer with some of the married ladies, without kids. Again, my parents were clearly right in telling me I needed more friends who more my age. Really, why are parents always right
And I know Anna being here is a God thing, but I feel like it's especially a God thing the way everything worked out for us to just dive head-first into this friendship. I would have never thought that asking about an open spot on the special events committee for the children's ministry all those months ago would lead to this. But through that committee, i helped plan VBS. Anna started working about 2 weeks or so before VBS happened so we all were completely overwhelmed together. and without all those longs nights hanging green paper at the church, who knows where we would be now?!?
I am so thankful to have someone that I can talk too about when I'm feeling alone, someone who is just there without me having to feel like a burden or a 9th wheel. 
So yes, I may have no idea what God's plan is for my life and if I'm even anywhere near his path for me, but I am so happy to be in Greenville and have the opportunity to grow these relationships. And I know for certain, that where ever I may end up, I am going to definitely need some great girlfriends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment