9.04.2012

Life (take 57?)

I feel really bad about neglecting this blog. I have a ton of pictures that I need to blog but I also have a list of blog ideas that I really want to get too. Hopefully all of that will be coming soon and I can get back into the swing of blogging. 

To try and get back into blogging, I have a rather random post today...after all they are my speciality :)
The sermon from this past Sunday was about God's plan. Any sermon on this topic is pretty much guaranteed to make me tear up so I tried really hard to avoid that. {little did i know that there was going to be a major announcement about a family leaving and i cried anyways}
There were three things that our preacher asked us to take with us concerning God's plan. They are that sometimes God's plan is different than mine, God will make his plan known and my job is to decide to follow his plan. 
Of course whenever the topic of God's plan comes up, my mind quickly goes to how evidently my plan is nothing like God's plan. But the hardest part for me about God's plan is trying to listen to God...or figure out if it's actually what God wants or if it's just life and I'm reading way too much into a particular situation. So naturally I spend a lot of time both during the sermon and the for a few days following, trying to figure out what I need to do with my life...and how I need to better listen for God in my life. I seriously can't explain how difficult this is for me. How much it makes me wonder if I'm kind of on the right path or if I'm not even in the ballpark. My biggest fear is that I am so far away from God's plan and I don't even know it. Or that God will make his plan known but I won't get the message. 

Oh life, complicated sometimes doesn't even begin to cover it.

No comments:

Post a Comment