10.08.2012

Recent Recipes I've Tried

So some of these recipes are brand new and some are ones that I've used before but really love. Thank goodness for pinterest!

Poppy Seed Chicken
     I thought this turned out pretty okay. It's not my favorite casserole but it was good...and I liked it better the next day, which is always a good thing with casseroles. In my opinion, I think it might be better with whole chicken breasts or less sauce. I do think I'll make it again because it's super easy but I'll probably change it up slightly.
     I made this instead of buffalo chicken dip one weekend. I actually baked it and then drove over to a friends house for dinner and sangria (see below) and it was still warm and yummy almost an hour after taking it out of the oven. I think this would be great to take to a tailgate. It wasn't quite as good as buffalo chicken dip (a favorite of mine) but it definitely worked out great for the occasion and I'll make it again. 
Peach Moscato Sangria
     All  I really need to say is that this was amazing...especially if you like peach and moscato...or just fruit soaked in alcohol.

Baked Ravioli
     This recipe came from Charlotte's blog. I made this for lunch for the twins and I one day. It was a definite success...well Riggs and I really enjoyed it at least. Jackson kind of ate it but I definitely recommend this. It's really easy.  

Pumpkin Spice Kiss Cookies
     I made these for the Clemson game this past weekend. I used break and bake snickerdoodle cookies so it was pretty much the easiest dessert I've ever made. But they tasted good and looked cute so really that's all that matters. If you like pumpkin, then you should definitely give these a try. 
Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle
     I made this for the first time last fall and decided to break it out again for a cookout a few weekends ago. I really like making trifles in general and this is a great one for fall. I use the pumpkin spice pudding that is only in stores in the fall but you can just follow the recipe and use vanilla pudding mixed with pumpkin. The pumpkin spice pudding is just easier...so I stocked up once I found it in stores.
SMores Brownies
     I decided to make these kind of at the last minute to take to a dinner one Friday night. Mine ended up being more like a glob of brownie goodness with marshmallows and graham crackers mixed in, once I tried to cut the brownies. So while the appearance (once cut) wasn't the greatest, it tasted really good so I guess it ended up okay. I think this is an easy way to make regular brownies a little more fun. 

1 comment:

  1. Glad you (and Riggs) liked the baked ravioli! It was delicious!

    ReplyDelete