10.04.2012

31 days & gift giving

You may have noticed that a lot of bloggers are participating in a series in October focusing on 31 days of blogging. A lot are simply using this idea to blog everyday about what happens each day. Nina {at according to Nina} is doing a series on 31 days of gift giving. She has only just started it and I'm already really enjoying it. She decided on this topic because gift giving is her love language...and since I share that love language with her, I'm super excited about this!
I love buying gifts randomly and surprising people, even if it's just something small. I even have a pinterest board labeled ultimate gift guide. It's all about random, fun and unique gifts for people. Here are a few of my favorite ideas from this board. 
{original link here}
mailing a box of balloons full of money and notes for someone's birthday. I can definitely see myself doing this for my future nieces and nephews...and probably the twins too. I think  that a kid (or an adult honestly) would love opening a box and seeing this. Plus it would be super cheap to mail. 
{original link here}
frozen cookie dough...this way they can cook as few (or as many) cookies as they want...or if you're like me, you'll probably just eat some of the cookie dough. i think this would be a great addition whenever you take a meal to someone. 
{original link here}
this is a bridal shower gift but it's so cute, i had to share! you fill a basket with champagne bottles, each labeled for a different occasion. i definitely want to do this for Nealee...i just need to figure out which shower I should give it to her at. I'm sure this idea could be adapted to fit other stages of life too!
{original link here}
a stay at home mom survival kit. i this this is such a fun gift to give to those new moms who will be staying home. Again, i think this could easily be changed to fit other occasions in someone's life. i also love that this is a pretty random gift but i'm sure it's something that would be greatly appreciated! (and honestly the beer might be my favorite part)

Happy gift giving!

No comments:

Post a Comment