4.13.2012

What a year...

today Jackson and Riggs turn one.
and what a crazy year its been.
it's seriously crazy how much i remember about this day one year ago. i know exactly what i was wearing and everything. one year ago today, i took the first part of the cpa exam and began a crazy adventure.
Jackson and Riggs also decided to make an appearance. two random events that have both had such an impact on my life this past year and will forever be tied together in my mind.
if you would have told me a year ago that i wouldn't have a job in accounting yet i probably would have cried and seriously freaked out. and okay i would definitely love an accounting job. and i promise that i'm working on it. but i also wouldn't have believed you when you told me that i would be lucky enough to spend my days with Jackson and Riggs.
i feel like now would be a good time to admit that when i found out that Cindy was pregnant that her kid(s) i was (slightly because i'm not crazy or anything) worried that they would have no idea who i was. and all babies need a cool auntie staci
so i'm continually amazed at how everything has worked out. and i seriously hope the twins know who i am...i mean i do dress them in awesome outfits and let them climb all over me as if i am a human jungle gym.
 so while i'm still on the hunt for a job where i can use my degrees, i'm so thankful that i get to spend my days with the babies until that happens.
i thought about writing each of the twins a letter...full of awesome advice and cool stories but i haven't yet. i still think i'll end up doing it. and i might even post it here...or maybe i'll just include it in their birthday cards...which i'm still in the process of picking out, much less even writing in them. but regardless of if they get the awesome letter today or in 2 years, i think they'll always know that they can always come to me with whatever. and i'm kind of super excited for the first time they say staci...or some variation of my name. 
so happy birthday to my favorite twins...i can't wait to see what happens this next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment