11.23.2011

just some bullets...

  • at dinner tonight there was a mariachi band (?) that walked around the restaurant. my mom made the comment that my brother and his girlfriend should go to dinner somewhere that they can be serenaded at. i voiced my opinion (that it is a lame idea) and my mom commented that if i had a boy who did that i would love it. my dad interjected with an idea that i would think it was even sweeter if he (the boy) grabbed my hand or something during all of this. i, naturally, responded that i don't want to be dating someone who grabs my hand while i'm trying to eat. i mean personal space anyone. of course my brother jumps in at this time to say something to the effect of, you are never going to meet someone with that kind of an attitude. thanks little brother for the wise advice. i don't need you help and i certainly don't want the boy to be all touchy-feely all the time. i'm not a hugger and i really don't like being touched in general. so okay maybe i'll be okay with like an arm around me or something...but i'm pretty sure i'm the last person you'd have to be worried about with too much PDA.
  • with everyone blogging about things they are thankful for and it being so close to Thanksgiving and everything, i was reminded of a story from like 5th or 6th grade. and just so you know, it's not a great thanksgiving story and i definitely come across as a bratty little girl (so i think it's safe to say i was in 6th grade when this happened). at church one wednesday night before Thanksgiving our teacher had us get into small groups and make a list of things we were thankful for. i, of course, ended up in a group with Kari and Lacey (2 of the star girls) and that's probably where we went wrong. this particular teacher had a habit of keeping us well past time for class to end and i think our parents were kind of scared of her because they wouldn't come and interrupt class. so by the time this list idea came up, it was well past time for class to be over. this particular teacher also had pretty strong beliefs about harry potter, basically that if you read the book you might end up in hell. (okay that might be an exaggeration) so, at first, we were really serious with our list. when we realized that she wasn't going to let us go after listing 5 things, we moved onto the more sillier items. like being thankful for toilet paper (for some reason it really sticks out to me that we wrote this one down) and then we mentioned that we were thankful for harry potter. okay so i wasn't into harry potter so i definitely was not reading the books. but i'm pretty sure to say this was my idea. our teacher saw red (i think) and started lecturing us in a really loud tone that we were not taking this exercise seriously (which we were not). at this point it's like 20 minutes past the end of class so the 3 of us just get up and walk out, mid-sentence. she starts to come after us so naturally we take off running and hide in an empty classroom under a table until we are sure she is gone. i know, 6th grade was a pretty rough year for me. 
  • i realized this afternoon that i didn't bring my journal home with me...and i really wish i had
  • this past monday was craft-time with the twins. this event is definitely worthy of its own blog post, so that will be coming soon. i'll be sure to include some cute pictures...and why the artwork of my own children may or may not make it on the fridge one day.
  • so i have to take Reg again (third time is the charm right?!?) i have not told anyone this yet but i'm not like super depressed about it or anything. honestly i kind of saw this one coming. i definitely will be watching all of the videos again but i think i'll be able to take it much more seriously this time...so we'll see how that goes
  • i have some sewing/crafty projects i need to post soon...i also have made a few recipes from pinterest that i'll also blog about
  • speaking of sewing, i ended up at home without all the different feet to my sewing machine. i was so sure that they were in my bag that i didn't even double check. thank goodness that my embroidery foot was on my machine or else i'm pretty sure my brother would have KILLED me...also good that my mom has a sewing machine i can use...and using it makes me appreciate mine even more!
  • last saturday night, i caught the last hour or so of the the first twilight movie on f/x. i may or may not now be obsessed with this phenomenon. i've been reading about the books online (so maybe like a cliff notes thing) and i'm thinking i might borrow the books from someone...since pretty much everyone else has already jumped on this bandwagon. i will say that i think a big reason i'm kind of interested in this right now is that the new movie is about their wedding/honeymoon/baby and that is pretty intriguing to me. 
  • and fyi, my sewing machine doesn't like to embroider on fleece blankets. i spent a good 45 minutes taking my sewing machine apart and having a mild panic attack that i had broken it...i think i'll just be sticking to appliques in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment